At The Northern Centre, we understand raising a family can be extremely challenging, particularly as your child transitions into adolescence.
We offer individual support or can work with the family as a whole as you navigate your role as a parent/carer of a teenager.
Through personalised case management and counselling our Family Workers can provide assistance in the following ways:
• Supporting school engagement
• Develop skills around emotion coaching
– Tuning in to Teens Parenting Program)
– Individual counselling
• Exploring family dynamics and working on strategies so that family life is more stable during what can be turbulent times
• Tips and strategies on managing ‘screenagers’
• Providing information and resources around youth related services and activities, youth related health issues, etc.
We work closely with school’s wellbeing teams and other services that you may be connected to, to ensure an individualised approach is provided for your situation.
The local government areas we cover for Family Support services include Ryde, Hunters Hill and Ku-ring-gai.
If we are unable to assist you, we will refer you to a suitable service in your local area.
Please contact us if you would like more information.