Christmas crafts for the family
Christmas Play Dough
What you need:
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup salt
- 2 cups boiling water (add slowly until enough)
- 2 tablespoons of tartar
- Food colouring
- Mix the flour, salt, cream of tartar and oil in a large mixing bowl
- Add food colouring to the boiling water then into the dry ingredients
- Stir all the ingredients
- Put the bowl in a microwave for 1 minute, then take it out and stir continuously. Repeat for 3 – 4 times until it becomes a sticky, combined dough
- Allow it to cool down, then take it out of the bowl and knead it vigorously for a couple of minutes until all of the stickiness has gone. (This is the most important part of the process, so keep at it until it’s the perfect consistency)
- If it remains a little sticky then add a touch more flour until just right
7 Benefits of Playing with Play Dough:
- Enhances fine motor skills
- Improves pre-writing skills
- Creativity and imagination
- Calming effect
- Develops hand-eye coordination
- Social skills
- Increases curiosity and knowledge
What you need:
- Glue gun
- Paper star
- Paper Straws
- Pop sticks
Cut the straws into the shape of your tree.
Then use your glue gun to glue the straws on
the pop stick in the shape of a tree.
Finish the tree shapes.
Enjoy your tree!
If you would like to learn more about understanding and supporting your child’s development, please contact us on 9334 0111 or firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to talk with one of our experienced Family Workers in a confidential setting.